MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
All manuscript submissions must meet the following criteria to be eligible for consideration in the 2018-2019 Crow Flies Scriptworks. Any manuscript that does not meet these guidelines will not be read.
The deadline for 2018-2019 season submissions is December 15, 2017. Manuscripts submitted after 11:59 PM on this date will not be eligible for consideration.
The playwright must live, work, or attend school within 200 miles of Knoxville, TN. If you are uncertain if you qualify, please contact JP Schuffman email@example.com
Author must be at least 18 years old.
Manuscripts must have a running time between 45 minutes and 2 hours.
Only new and previously unproduced manuscripts will be considered. (Works that have previously received staged readings are eligible for submission).
Cast size may not be greater than 12.
No musicals. (Scripts that incorporate live musical accompaniment or underscoring as a means of scene will be considered.)
No incomplete manuscripts.
Manuscripts should be properly formatted. Click here for formatting guidelines.
Manuscripts should be submitted in PDF format and sent as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: "Crow Flies Submission".
The title page of your manuscript should include: Your Name, Contact Email, Contact Phone, & Mailing Address. On a second page provide a brief synopsis of the play and a list of any organizations or contests where it is currently up for consideration.
Playwrights may submit up to 2 manuscripts for consideration in the 2018-2019 season.
Finally, by submitting your manuscript to the Knoxville Theatre Club you agree to the following:
1. You warrant and represent that the material submitted is original to you and that you are the sole author and owner of all intellectual property rights related to the material; moreover, the material has not been licensed or authorized for use by any other party than Knoxville Theatre Club.
2. You agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Knoxville Theatre Club, its Board, and its members against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising out of the submission of your material to, as well as its production by, Knoxville Theatre Club.
3. Knoxville Theatre Club and its members constantly receive and review various materials for the purpose of producing and performing in various media. As a result, any similarity between your submitted material and materials being considered, produced or performed, currently or in the future, by Knoxville Theatre Club or its members is coincidental; moreover, you waive all right to bring claims in any court against Knoxville Theatre Club or its members in any action related to the submitted material alleging infringement of any intellectual property rights.
4. Knoxville Theatre Club can use your name, image and likeness in print and electronic materials for promotional purposes. If your play is selected, you will receive billing (typographical credit) on all publicity, programs, and advertising distributed or authorized by Knoxville Theatre Club and/or the production venue.
5. You retain script approval and ownership of any suggested changes arising out of the rehearsal process.
6. You, the author(s), retain all rights, title, and interest in and to the submitted work except that Knoxville Theatre Club may use excerpts from the work in promotions.
7. The selection decisions of Knoxville Theatre Club are final, and Knoxville Theatre Club is under no obligation to produce or publish any submission.
8. If selected for production and/or publishing, future publishings/productions of this play will reference this inaugural presentation by Knoxville Theatre Club with the following language: [submitted title of play], by [author], was first presented by Knoxville Theatre Club in [year of production].